Saturday, August 17, 2013

Our New Commons

My heart was happy yesterday when I glanced over from my work to see students enjoying the library's new commons area.  It is exactly what I'd envisioned.  When our former librarian retired in May, she purchased a couch for the library with funds she'd saved from recycling old printer cartridges.  I found a couple of chairs in my garage that worked and a sweet neighbor donated the cool club chair.  I also found a rusty, metal table in the library and spray painted it metallic silver. 

Yesterday, I saw students grabbing books off shelves, sharing their favorites and relaxing as they chose books to read for the weekend.  It was a special moment for me as my vision became a reality.  I hope many good times and much student learning takes place in our special nook.




No comments:

Post a Comment